So, this is my first official post and I’m quite excited. Although, I’m yet to figure out how it all works 🙂 Oh well…
This year has been really fast. Lots have happened in so little a time for me to recall everything. The tears, joy, laughter, the sad times, the unfortunate deaths. It’s just been a whirlwind of events and i’m just really happy to witness the end of it all. All thanks to God. 🙂
There are things you come across in life & forget with a wave of the hand. There are also things you come across and it becomes part & parcel of you & no matter how hard you try to forget,it only develops itself to remain in you. This is what i describe as Personal highlights (of a certain period of time). Then you have the General highlights
of one’s year. These are things that you probably won’t forget in a hurry. It could be anything ranging from the most hilarious thing you’ve heard/seen that to the best thing that happened to you within that given period.
Now, i’m gonna be talking about both my personal and general highlights and it would be quite easy for you to differentiate these two as you read on… This is just a few compared to what my brain’s capacity still holds…
1) New friends – I made a lot of friends this year, probably because i decided to leave Coventry for a bit this summer to go spend sometime with family friends and other relatives. ^_^ I also made a few legit friends off twitter that i’d love to see sometime. :’) They are people with amazing personalities, funny, intelligent and will actually listen to your problems and try to help you in anyway they can. I never thought i’d come across these type of people but I did, and for this i’m thankful 🙂 Love youss!! ❤
2) The Olympics – This was one of my major highlights this year on Twitter. LMAO!! Now if you’re an active twitter user you’ll know what i’m talking about. Basically my best day throughout the period of the Olympics was the Nigeria VS U.S.A Men’s Basketball match – the memes and all the jokes that were cracked on that day kept me rolling and laughing like i was “possessed”. Lol, that was how my mum described my behaviour that night x_x She was like “Chidera, are you sure you’re alright?” Lmao!! I couldn’t even deal. :’)
3) Aluu4 – This was an incident that occurred in Nigeria where 4 young men were falsely accused of being thieves. They were beaten to the point of death by the citizens of Aluu (a small community in a state in Nigeria) How can people be so WICKED to not even hear their own side of the story?? It was a sad day indeed. May their soul rest in peace. 😦
4) Iyanya – Kukere (Nigerian) – “All my ladies, All my ladies…” ~(‘,’~) (~’,’)~ LOL! This is my jam!! I first heard this song in the last quarter of 2011. I quickly downloaded it when i found a link. Around that time it wasn’t that popular but i still loved it. In 2012, he shot a video for it…to cut the long story short everyone saw the video and loved it (both song and video) I mean how can’t you love it??
5) D’banj – Oliver Twist (Nigerian) – Now Don Jazzy released this song in 2010/ 2011?.. (Can’t really remember :s) and it
was is a confirmed JAM!! In Nigeria Africa, it was quite easy for this tune to be the Number 1 tune on everyone’s playlist. But the best part of it was when this tune hit the U.K in 2012!! ^_^. It was unexpected… Major Celebrities were tweeting about it, it was on MTV’s top ten hits for weeks!!, One of UK’s biggest jam for the whole of summer and beyond!! Haha!! trust a Nigerian like me to be gassed about the whole thing. Anytime i heard it play, i’d be like “Yeah!! D’banj is from Nigeria, deal with it. B-)” Whoop!! #TeamAfrobeats ^_^
6) Azonto Dance (Ghanaian) – I don’t need to say much on this..This is a dance craze that originated in Ghana and started getting popular in 2011. By 2012 it was a major craze in the UK and other parts of the world!! You can basically azonto to everything. ^_^ Africa rules!
7) #NigerianPronounciations (Pronunciations) – This trended worldwide on twitter in the summer. Like, i actually couldn’t believe it did LMAOOO!! That night was hilarious!! Shows that there are a lot of Nigerians on twitter than we think. B-) #Swaggy My faves of that night were:
– #NigerianPronounciations TAKE THAT BACK = BACK TO SENDER!!! / HOLY GHOST FIRE!! Tufiakwa!! God forbid, i reject it!!! :”) (Lmao!! I know, i know…this one’s not really categorized as Pronunciations, but it came up and it was funny so….yeah. B-))
– #NigerianPronounciations X-box 360 – Eggs bugs tree-sisty
8) The killing of 27 people in Connecticut (America) – Now this occurred on the 14th of December which was towards the end of this year. But it sure made an impact on people around the globe. According to CNN, “a gunman (Adam Lanza) shot dead 20 children in an elementary school and seven adults before apparently killing himself. And it was also reported that he killed his mother (a teacher who taught in the school where the children were killed) before heading to the school, targeting a class in which his mother taught to commit this unforgivable crime”. The most painful part of all this was the number of children that were killed. I mean these were innocent children ranging from the age of 5-10 who had bright futures. You never know…one of these kids might have been the one who would find a cure for Cancer/Aids. But all hopes have been dashed. *deep sigh* There are so many sociopaths and sadists in the world today who murder people for nothing… Only God knows everything and he alone will judge this. I was really emotional when i got to hear of this news. A sad day indeed in the lives of these children’s family and friends, thinking they were gonna have a wonderful Christmas and witness a new year….The thought of this as i type makes me cry… 😥 I think i’ll just stop here…..